- It takes a community of parents, teachers, children and others working together to create the optimal program of child care and early childhood education.
- Everyone involved with the CEC community is important and needed for the CEC to function.
- Our primary mission is that of caring for children and that same commitment to caring extends to all those involved with the CEC.
- The fundamentals of caring include physical well being, but our philosophy and practice of caring is deeply rooted in our understanding of the psychology of human growth, development and behavior.
- At its foundation, we view caring as the unqualified respect for the uniqueness of each person’s spirit.
- While children’s development and learning is our central focus, we see everyone involved with the CEC as learning through their involvement.
- The CEC is responsible for facilitating and supporting everyone’s learning.
- We view the organization as a learning community which is continuously evolving.
- Loving underlies everything that we do and is fundamental to the success of all of our efforts.
- The CEC is also about creating – creating a better world for children as well as assisting the adults in its community to create better lives for themselves.
- It is a dynamic enterprise, always looking for ways to do more and to do it better.
- Children are nurtured and encourage to gradually assume personal responsibility for their actions and to become more successful learners and creators.