Enrollment Applications with Rate Information
To enroll your child in the CEC's 2016-2017 School-Age Program at the Oak Grove, Caltech, or LCUSD school sites complete and submit the appropriate application* from below. To enroll in the CEC programs at St. Bede the Venerable School or Westridge School, contact the school directly.
If your child was enrolled in the CEC's 2015-2016 School-Age program and you want to enroll for the remainder of the current school year (through June 2017):
- La Cañada Unified School Sites Re-Enrollment Application
- Oak Grove and Caltech Sites Re-Enrollment Application
If your child will be new to CEC's 2016-2017 School-Age program:
- La Cañada Unified School Sites New Enrollment Application
- Oak Grove and Caltech Sites New Enrollment Application
If your child is currently enrolled at a LCUSD site, which have experienced waitlists, and you want to apply for priority enrollment for the 2017-2018 School-Age program (beginning August 2017):
*Some applications are fillable PDFs, please download in order to complete. Once submitted, you will receive an auto-response email. If you do not receive this email, please contact the CEC at (818) 354-3418. Note: some devices or browsers may not support fillable PDFs.
About Our School-Age Program
An important quality of our School-Age Program is the extended family atmosphere that exists for children both before- and after-school. Each child receives individual attention in the relaxed but active environment, with attention given to social needs as well as homework. Children have the need and opportunity to relax both before and after their busy day at school, complete assigned school projects, and pursue other activities of interest to them.
The School-Age Program is designed to reflect the interests and capabilities of 5-12 year olds and to provide children time to play outdoors, interact with friends, explore creative arts, work puzzles, and construct with various manipulative toys and blocks. In addition, the CEC staff recognizes that children need dedicated space, time, and support for their daily homework assignments, and every effort will be made to ensure that they receive these.
Goals for the children include:
- To help children learn to live a successful life with love at the center of all experience.
- To provide a program that allows children to develop in the areas of social, emotional cognitive, and physical growth.
- To develop a positive self concept through social interactions that involve cooperation, conflict resolution, and relationship building.
Our School-Age Program is at seven sites with each site serving kindergartners through sixth graders. Our Oak Grove and the Caltech sites provide only after-school care, beginning at 11:30 am, while our other three La Cañada sites begin providing care beginning at 7:00 am.
- The Oak Grove Site (140 Foothill Boulevard, La Canada; after-school care only)
- The Caltech Site (250 and 256 South Michigan, Pasadena; after-school care only)
- Paradise Canyon Elementary School (471 Knight Way, La Cañada)
- La Canada Elementary School (4540 Encinas Drive, La Cañada)
- Palm Crest Elementary School (5025 Palm Drive, La Cañada)
- Westridge School, Pasadena
- St. Bede the Venerable, La Cañada
For more enrollment information or for current openings, please call the CEC office at (818) 354-3418 or e-mail Allegra Inganni, Director of the School-Age Program, or Talar Tchoboian, Assistant Director of the School-Age Program.
School-Age Program Parent Handbook