THE FINE PRINT 2019
General Online Auction and Buy-In Parties Rules and Procedures
This auction (“Auction”) is the Annual Benefit and Auction fundraiser benefiting the Child Educational Center (“CEC”). The online auction is governed by the following terms and conditions of sale as set forth by the CEC Benefit Committee (the “Committee”):
1. All Sales and Winnings Are Final. There are NO EXCHANGES, REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, OR SUBSTITUTIONS, except where specified. Gift certificates are for merchandise and services only as stated and cannot be redeemed for cash. Restaurant gift certificates generally do not include tax, gratuity, alcohol, or parking.
2. All Items Are Sold or Won As Is. All sales are offered according to the laws of the State of California. There is no warranty implied by the CEC, its Board of Trustees, the Committee, the parent body, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, and all those aiding the CEC with the Auction (collectively “CEC Agents”); and the donor or the respective item or service, or by any consignor, except as set forth herein, as to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any item in the Auction. To the best of the Committee’s knowledge, all autographed items are authentic, although the Committee makes no assurances, representations, or warranties that is true. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD OR WON AS IS. If there is any problem with any item, whatsoever, your purchase price will be deemed a donation to the CEC.
3. Sales Tax. Tangible items won in the Auction are generally subject to California state sales tax. Examples include furniture, giftware, toys, antiques and clothing. Sales tax will be automatically assessed on these items and the winning bidder agrees to assume full responsibility for payment.
4. Release and Waiver. By his/her purchase or winning, the buyer waives any claims for liabilities against the CEC Agents; and the donor of the respective item or service. Neither the CEC Agents nor the donor is responsible for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from the use of the item or service sold or won.
5. Tax Deductibility. The CEC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, Federal Tax ID #95-3403258. Please consult your tax advisor for information regarding the availability of income tax deductions for any payment to the CEC for an Auction item. Suggested fair market values, if provided, have been furnished by the donors or estimated in good faith and are not guaranteed by the CEC or its Agents.
6. Limitations and Exclusions. Some Auction items have limitations and/or exclusions. It is the buyers’ responsibility to consider any special limitations. It is also the buyer’s responsibility to initiate contact with the donor of the items, including but not limited to, homes, tickets, and services, to arrange times and dates. Unless otherwise specified, all items and services must be used or redeemed within one year of the closing date of the Auction, May 5, 2020, and are subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the donors. Also, unless otherwise specified, all donated items are subject to a mutually-agreed upon date and time, between the buyer and the donor. The CEC is not responsible for any failure by a successful bidder or winner to utilize the item or service as stipulated.
7. “Buy It Now.” When you see the Buy It Now price listed for any Auction item, you have a special opportunity to purchase that item right away without waiting for the Auction category to close and the bidding to end. If you are willing to buy the item for the Buy It Now price, you will be deemed instantly the highest bidder and winner of that item.
8. Omissions. The CEC Agents have made their best effort to give valid and accurate descriptions, values, expiration dates, and restrictions for all of the items. The Committee believes all descriptions and commentary accompanying the Auction items to be correct; however, the Committee makes no warranties or representations of any kind, whatsoever, regarding the items or services provided. We apologize for any errors or omissions.
9. Payment. A successful bidder of the Online Auction will be charged automatically by Bidding For Good at the close of the auction. In the event that payment of Auction items has not been received by the end of the fundraiser event on Wednesday, May 8, 2019, the Committee may permit the next in line under-bidder to purchase the item for the amount of the underbid or the Committee may, at its discretion, resell the item in question rather than sell the item to the under-bidder. In either event, the original successful bidder shall be deemed to have waived all rights and claims to the item.
10. Pick Up & Shipping. Successful bidders for the online auction must pick up items from CEC (140 Foothill Boulevard, La Canada, CA 91011) on Wednesday, 5/8/19, Thursday, 5/9/19 or Friday, 5/10/19 between 3:30pm and 6:30pm. If the winning bidder requests shipping, bidder agrees to pay all shipment charges in full. If shipping is requested, the winning bidder must contact the CEC by Tuesday, May 7, 2019. All shipping charges will be added to the winning bid price on the Bidding for Good site. Gift cards and certificates not picked up during pick-up period at the CEC (May 8, 9, and 10) will be mailed directly to the winning bidding using the address listing in Bidding for Good. They will be marked using First Class postage thru USPS, unless otherwise directed by winning bidder. Additional fees may apply for upgrade mailing options.
11. Current Address. Buyer is responsible for updating and maintaining a current address in Bidding for Good. CEC assumes no liability or fault in shipping items to an incorrect address.
11. Alcohol. Any item containing alcohol must be purchased only by an individual at least 21 years or older according to the laws of the State of California. Items containing alcohol must be picked up in person by eligible purchaser, with proof of age/identification.
12. Final Decisions. The Committee’s decision is final in all events and under all circumstances.
Thanks to your generous support, all proceeds from this online Auction will support the CEC. The CEC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, Federal Tax ID #95-3403258.